Friday, March 15, 2013

Shamrock Mint Bark

There are only two ways that I like to eat chocolate: with Peanut Butter or with Mint. I am not usually a candy fan, but this is so easy to make, and with the addition of peanuts and pretzels, it's kind of a fun little treat: and with the addition of mint, I couldn't go wrong.


Ingredients

Pretzels
Mint M&M's
Salted Peanuts
Mint/Chocolate Cookies (I used Keebler Grasshopper Cookies)
White Chocolate Chips

Directions

Crush up the pretzels and cookies. Layer them on a baking sheet, lined with wax paper, along with the peanuts and half your M&M's.


Melt your white Chocolate Chips. I am not sure what is wrong with me, but I somehow am very inept at chocolate melting. No matter the method I try, I can't get it to ever turn out. It may by my fear of shortening, so refusing to put it into my chocolate could be the problem. However, I think it's just one of those things, that for whatever reason, I am incapable of doing.

If you are savey with melting chocolate, you can poor this over your crushed goodies so that it oozes through and binds everything together. You bark will come out much prettier than mind did for sure!! Once your chocolate is poored over you mound of goodness, then sprinkle on the rest of the M&M's - and some St. Patrick's Day Sprinkles if you have them. 

If, however, you are like me, I took a different approach. I just scooped up that mess of crushed sugar and salt, dumped it into the bowl of mostly melted chocolate, stirred it all up and dumped it back onto my pan. I put another piece of Waxed Paper on top, spread it out, and whala - done! I put my M&M's and sprinkles on top and it was a master piece.

Throw your pan in the fridge for a couple of hours to harden the chocolate back up, break into small pieces, and you have some green minty goodness for St. Patrick's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment