Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

We are not into candy in our house. If Aaron showed up with a box of candy for me I think I would probably look at him like he was invaded by the body snatchers. BUT, chocolate covered strawberries... that is a whole 'nother story. I am not a super great chocolate dipper (so if anyone has tips that does not involve shorting, I am ALL for it!), but these babies turned out pretty good. They tasted good anyway!


Melting Chocolate

I used dark chocolate and white chocolate chips. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips using the defrost setting. I tried to do this first on regular setting and it just cooked my chocolate instead of melting it. Use two minute increments until smooth. You also have to watch this super close, because if you end up going too long it again, cooks your chocolate instead of melting it.

Dipping Strawberries

Stab a toothpick into the top of your strawberry for easy handling. Swirl the strawberry in the melted chocolate. As you pull it out, continue to swirl so that you get an even coat and it fills in all of the "cracks" and leaves a nice even base.

Place strawberry on a wax paper covered baking sheet and then sprinkle with decorations or drizzle with the opposite chocolate. Just have fun with the decorating, or leave plain. It all tastes delicious.

Try this Valentine's recipe next time you want to give chocolates as a gift. I think that when you have chocolate dipped strawberries, instead of a box of chocolates it's healthier for you.... I mean, the strawberry cancels out the chocolate, so healthy..... right? ;o)

1 comment:

  1. I melt chocolate in an oven safe bowl at about 200-250 degrees, stirring a few times until melted. I've never burned it that way.

    ReplyDelete