Monday, March 14, 2011

4-Layer Dessert

This has always been one of my favorite desserts and I make it every St. Patrick's Day for my friends party: there is never any left it's so popular. Usually I top it with clover sprinkles to be more festive, but I was out this year so I just used chopped pecans. Either way it's still delicious!






Ingredients

1 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
8-oz pkg. cream cheese
1 large pkg. vanilla pudding
1 large pkg. pistachio pudding
cool whip

Directions

Combine flour, nuts and butter; mix well. Press into bottom of 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool.

Beat together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Fold in 1 cup cool whip. Spread over crust. Chill for 1 hour.

Prepare vanilla pudding mix as directed on pkg for pie filling. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Chill for at least 1 hour.

Prepare pistachio pudding with pie filling directions as well. Spread over vanilla layer. Chill again for at least 1 hour.

Top with cool whip. I like to sprinkle either chopped nuts or holiday sprinkles over the cool whip. I traditionally make this for St. Patrick's day, so shamrocks usually get sprinkled on top of mine. If you don't like pistachio pudding, chocolate is supper yummy too. You can put chocolate sprinkles or chopped up candy bar on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment