Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Magic of Little Caesars and McDonald's

Moods have been a little down around here lately, I'm sure in big part to the weather. Even for living in Seattle it has been extra cold and wet - and that's saying something! My mom came over and got her hair done yesterday and the appointment after her had to reschedule, so I had an extra long lunch break..... what to do? I think things were in order for a Little Caesars Date!


It was really quite amazing when I said the words "Would you like to go with Grandma to get us lunch at Little Caesars?". You would have thought that my kids had just reverted back to being 5 and 8 years old. What is it about their pizza? It's cheap crap, covered in greasy cheese and pepperoni. You could probably buy a frozen pizza in the grocery store that tastes better, but there is just something about that cheap greasiness that is magical.

If you know me at all, or have been following this blog for very long, you know me to be somewhat of a health food snob. I don't mean to be, it's just the way I have to be to stay in shape and feeling good: so you can imagine that Little Caesars is off my radar most of the time. With that said, there is something about that greasy magic that just hits the spot, and that spot was hit yesterday. Sitting at the table with my mom and kids, laughing, sipping on soda and eating our pizza was great. That is where the magic comes in.

A big thank you to Little Caesars and McDonald's for lifting our mood and giving us a cheap moment to spend together.....

$11 on pizza
$4.40 on four large sodas from McDonald's (gotta love the $1 drink deal!)
Four of us fed and laughing - priceless!

1 comment: