Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Turkey Sandwiches

Turkey sandwiches... and I meant that quite literally. Another amazing idea floating around out there! People's creativity never cease to amaze me. What a simple way to make lunch fun while still maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I LOVED this idea..... I wonder if I could get Jess to eat her veggies if I made her this when she comes  home for the holidays?....... Better not get my hopes up.






Ingredients
 
  • Cocktail pumpernickel bread
  • Vegetable cream cheese
  • DECORATIONS:
  • Peas (eyes)
  • Red pepper
  • Pepperoni
  • Cheese
  • Cashew
  • Slivered almond
  • Parsley
Instructions
 
  1. For each sandwich, spread vegetable cream cheese between 2 slices of cocktail pumpernickel bread.
  2. For the head, use a small drinking glass or round cookie cutter to cut a circle from another slice of bread, then stick it to the top of the sandwich with a dab of cream cheese.
  3. Likewise, add facial features such as pea eyes, a red pepper or pepperoni snood (above the beak), and a pepper, cheese, or cashew beak. Finally, wedge pepper, slivered-almond, or parsley-sprig feathers between the bread slices.
 picture and idea taken from Family Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment