Monday, February 27, 2012

Aaron's Mistress

I feel like I have been running this blog long enough, and gotten to know most of you adequately, to feel comfortable admitting that my husband has a mistress. It has been going on since the day I met him and usually I just turn my back and ignore the two of them. However, there are times when their relationship takes too much time away from me, and that's when I get a little upset.


One of those times is now. Every time there is a lull in conversation or activity, Aaron is gone: I turn around and he has just vanished. There is only one place he can be, and I just sigh - he has gone down to be with his beloved mistress. I know that he loves me more than anything in this life, but there are times when I wonder if I really do come out on top.

How can I compete with the curves of his other lady? Her smooth surface, long neck and intuitive responses? He knows this other so intimately that he can sit down, with eyes closed, and make her sing. His other true love is also willing to do something that I never am - share. It doesn't matter to her how many others he includes, and lately part of the problem is there has been a new addition.

 
There is another problem as of late that keeps Aaron busy and way from me. He and his lady are in the middle of a project. That's when it's the worst. They sit down there and plan, conspire, laugh and cry together making their mark on the world. I do have to admit that they are very successful together and come up with some amazing things: I just get jealous of the time they spend and feel incredibly left out.

I tried to become involved in this love triangle by adding my own part to the madness. I started dabbling into their life style a bit of my own, trying desperately to be included, and it helps some times. Here we all are together, having a great time:


In the end though, it really comes back to just the two of them. There relationship is so tight that I will never, fully, be able to come between them or be excepted by them. I suppose I have to realize that his relationship with her was established well before ours was and I walking into my relationship with Aaron knowing full well of his others. My eyes were open and I went willingly anyway.

In the end, I think it's healthy. I understand that sometimes, like now, he becomes obsessed and needs to be with the other love of his life more than me. It's okay though, as long as it doesn't last too long and he always comes back to me. We each need our passions in life and the most important thing we can do as a partner in a marriage is let the other one follow that passion and dream.

I love my husband dearly, and really love to watch him succeed and have fun at his passion. Seeing him up on stage with his lady or making an amazing masterpiece with her, and seeing the joy in his face as he finally shares it with me - well, that makes it worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I read ya. Weldon is the exact same way. I feel like I am always competeing with something else. I guess I'm getting used to it (or not). And I have to say he is a lot better than he used to be.

    ReplyDelete