Sunday, March 31, 2013

Butterfly Cupcakes

I have a sad little story to tell about these adorable little cupcakes, which pretty much sums up my life these days. I fell in love with them the minute I saw them on Pinteret the other day and just had to make them. As I have stated before, I am really into cupcakes lately: You can be super creative with these single portion morsels of cake, and there is just something about exploring different cake recipes that I enjoy. Unfortunately, this little adventure didn't end in the amazing Easter creation that I had hoped.


I tried a new recipe for carrot cake that got 5 stars on AllRecipes.com. I usually have really good luck with the recipes on this site, and what better cake for Easter than a carrot cake. Well, not so much. I could tell half way into making it, it wasn't going to turn out good, but with the reviews being so high I thought, "maybe they know something I don't know". In fairness, the cake tastes good, but it is a soggy sunken mess. No problem, I can work with this! Slop a little frosting on there and no one will ever know.

I have little spurts of time in my days any more, and couldn't get to decorating until 9:30 P.M. I dug out the decorating tips, got my pretzels and M&M's, started getting out the ingredients to make  up my frosting...............

No powdered sugar!

*sigh*

I am usually SO good about having extra ingredients down in my storage room, but for some reason I overlooked the fact that I used the last of my powdered sugar on my last batch of cupcakes. So, instead of showcasing my mad frosting grass making skills, you get a link to the site where I saw the idea and the picture that she took.

Hey, at least you still get the idea..... and I am humble to say, that I am human after all and can't do everything, no matter how hard I try.

That's life ;o)

Get the idea at It's a Delicious Life

No comments:

Post a Comment