Friday, October 31, 2014

KISS Costumes

Happy Halloween! It's costume day my friends, and I hope you all have great creations you will be wearing this year. I'm sad to say this is the first time in about four years that I am not heading out to a big Halloween party. Aaron isn't playing this weekend, and we have been so sick this week that staying out till 1:00 in the morning doesn't sound appealing. But, I will share with you what I dressed up like last year - it was epoch! My friend and I were Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons from KISS, and it was a total hit. Here's how to make your own KISS costumes.





The face make-up just about drove me crazy by the end of the night, but it was so fun being Paul for the night that I didn't mind. We had people all night long wanting to take pictures with us - like we really were Paul and Gene - so we got to be little mini-celebrities for the night. We even got pulled up on stage while the band was singing "Rock and Roll All Night".




The beauty of it is, this costume really didn't cost me a whole ton of money - that's why I save all past Halloween props: reduce, reuse, recycle and save a ton! 

I just worked on my 80's pout and my friend worked on her wide mouth tongue and we were golden. If you want to pull off a KISS costume it's very easy:

1. lots of black - and if it's leather or pleather the better.

2. Big ass boots. The higher the platform the better.



3. Big black hair. I wore an 80's rocker wig that I already had - my friend was lucky as she already has long dark hair. Lots of ratting and hairspray.

4. The thing that is the most important though is the face paint. All band members had the white, and then it just depends on which member you are on how you do the black design.



Now just accessorize with studded belts, chokers and gloves. Not too hard and completely fun and impressive.

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment