Monday, January 12, 2015

Mini Taco Bowls

Complete Pinterest Success! I have seen this idea floating around for a while and decided to give it a try this weekend. Our football team - The Seattle Seahawks - are back in the playoffs this year and we were having a playoffs party at our house. What better occasion to whip these up? They were a huge success and both plates were gobbled up....... BTW - one win down, one to go till Superbowl! Go Hawks!!




INGREDIENTS:

1 package flour tortilla shells
1 can refried beans
Taco meat
Green onion
Tomato
Mexican Cheese

you will also need a 3 1/2 inch metal biscuit cutter and mini-muffin tins

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Using a metal biscuit cutter, cut circles out of your tortilla shells. You can get three circles out of a medium tortilla shell. I imagine you could use corn shells if you prefer, but they would be more difficult to press into the muffin cups as they tend to tear.

Spray your mini-muffins tins with non-stick spray. Line each muffin cup with your tortilla rounds - the edges of the tortilla will fold over slightly as you do this. Now fill you tortilla cups with your favorite taco fillings: we did refried beans in the bottom, then taco meat, topped with tomato, green onion, and Mexican cheese. I actually had some leftover corn in the fridge as well, so I put a few corn kernels on each cup as well - I like corn in my tacos.

Bake in the pre-heated oven until edges of tortilla are crispy and cheese is melted - around 15 minutes.

These are the perfect finger food. Everyone raved about how awesome they were and cleaned them out rather quickly. They even went quicker than the pizza I made, and that's saying something since I am pretty known for my pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment