Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fancy Oreo's

Okay, okay, I'm slow. Jessi's wedding was four months ago and I haven't really put anything on here yet. What can I say, we had family here and then summer hit - and we have been outside living the dream. I'll be getting to it over the next couple of weeks. Here is one of the favorite treats of the shower and wedding. Everyone loved them, they were super easy to make and most important, they looked very pretty.




INGREDIENTS

Oreos
Colored Dipping Chocolate (whatever the color of your event is)
Matching Colored Sprinkles
White Candied Pearls

DIRECTIONS

Melt chocolate in a double broiler. The package says you can melt chocolate in the microwave, many place on the interwebs say you can melt chocolate in the microwave, and I know many people who have success with this - you may even be one. I have NEVER been able to melt chocolate in the microwave. Every time I try it burns, so a double broiler works great for me.

Dip half your Oreo in the colored chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. While chocolate is still warm, put some sprinkles down the center of the Oreo, followed by a line or two of your candied pearls.

Once you have a baking sheet full of dipped Oreos, place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set the chocolate. Yes, it is that easy. Now you will have simple beauty on a plate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment