Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Garland Chandelier

Christmas decorations bring me great joy and comfort. I think it's mostly because, during a time of year when I don't get to be outside as much as I like, I have the opportunity to bring the outside into my home. I put green wherever I can, and each year I try to come up with a few new ideas. This year the green extended to the dining room chandelier.


It's such a simple, inexpensive way to dress up the table and make it feel just a little more special. I did do this a few years ago and tried using real tree branches. I would highly recommend NOT doing this, and moved to the artificial garland this year: it's a very off putting when the branches start drying out and dropping pine needles into your food.

I grabbed some green garland at Michael's when they were having a 60% off all garland and wreaths. If you keep an eye out you can get a really great deal. This particular garland was already donned with pine cones and cranberries so I had very little work to do, as it already looked amazing all on it's own. I tend to go for more simple and not overpower the garland - I like the greenery!

All I did was take the garland and wrap it around the top of the chandelier and then fluff it up to be nice and full. I then hung a beautiful ball right in the center for just a little bling. All-in-all this took about 10 minutes, and around $10.00, and looks amazing. Everyone who comes over comments on how beautiful it looks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment