Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Don't Be Afraid To Be A Dork!

Some of the most fun that we have together is never planned. It's just us hanging out being dorks. We are good at that. Our family is dork to the core. Whenever our kids bring home new friends they are never quite sure how to take us, but they always warm up to us quickly and join in the fun. Don't take yourselves too seriously and you set yourself up for fun times ahead.

A few weeks ago this was proven, yet again. We were in Party City just doing some pre-Super Bowl and Valentine's shopping. Party City. Yes, a public place, but it does have the word party in the title. The word party to me insinuates fun. I turned around from looking at some Valentine's cards and this picture is what met my eyes. I was laughing so hard that it took me several tries to even snap the moment because the first couple pictures cam out blurry. (Thank goodness for digital cameras!) I thought I was going to pee my pants. I would say I would use the shamrock braids to blackmail Jeff some day, but he so wouldn't care. Dorks to the core.

If you allow yourself to just relax and be in the moment you can have fun just about anywhere. Rainy beaches, grocery stores, in the car, gas stations, and parking lots. Yes, we have had some pretty funny moments in all of these. Dorks to the core.

Laughing together is one of the most bonding things you can do as a family. So laugh, and laugh often. Let your hair down and allow yourself to just be in the moment. Don't be afraid to be a dork. Join us. Dorks to the core.

No comments:

Post a Comment