Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Point - Aaron!

I had a very busy day yesterday. That tends to happen when you try to cram a gallons worth of activities into a pint sized day. Oh if you didn't have to eat or sleep..... think of all the time and money you would have! But, Aaron really came through for me yesterday and made it possible for everything to get done. Including the things I wanted to do and not just the things that I needed to do.

Of course, yesterday was Presidents Day, and that meant no school. Jess was home and wanted a girls day. I felt slightly bad for abandoning Aaron on one of his days off and also shirking on my Monday duties of housework (If that housework doesn't get done on Monday I am forever running to catch up the rest of the week). But, he just smiled, gave us his blessing, and shoved us out the door.

Jess and I had a great time out. Damon, my nephew, even came along. One of the rare specimens of the male species that actually likes to go shopping. We were in the market for "cruise clothes" since our vacation is quickly approaching. We spent the afternoon scouring thrift shops and discount stores and came home with a few treasures.

Jess took off for work and now it was time to buckle down and get some of that housework done. But, wait, we need to have band practice. Aaron and I like to have a good practice on Sunday and Mondays together. (For those of you who don't know we are starting a band "Funk Bucket") We needed to get this done before Aaron's guitar students started arriving, only one since it was a holiday. We had a great practice, too bad it couldn't have been longer! But, now really, gotta get some things done.

Okay, I'll just check my email quickly and then it's to the housework. Mis-take. Being the first time I checked my mail that day, it was not quick. It took the entire guitar lesson. Okay, I guess I will just skip my workout today. The day is clearly getting away from me. It comes down to doing my workout and just never fully being caught up throughout the week, or just skipping it and getting things done. Again, if I didn't have that eating and sleeping issue there would be enough time.

Aaron told me to get out and exercise. He knows how cranky I get when I don't get out there, and he also knows it's important to me. "Don't worry about the house. Go out and exercise, and hurry up about it" with a gentle but firm push out the door. So, out I went and I felt SO much better when I got back 90 minutes later.

I walked in the door and was met with a sparkling clean kitchen and dinner almost completely made! What an amazing guy. I hope this is not de-masculinizing the author of "The Man Cave", but... I'll just say it again -  what an amazing guy! He took part of the load off my shoulders AND made a delicious meal. What did we have you ask? Mandarin Orange Chicken, Brown Rice and Steamed Broccoli. YUM! And he made it all by himself.

Thank you Aaron for lifting a load and giving me time to do the things that were important to me yesterday. Spending time with my favorite daughter, pursing my new passion of playing the drums and getting my workout in. Who could ask for a better guy! 

picture taken by Genevieve Howard

2 comments: