Sunday, May 15, 2011

Support Each Others Interests

I am in a fog, and will be all day. Going to bed at 3:00 a.m. and then waking up at 8:30 a.m. will do that to you: and let's face it, I'm not 20 any more. Why on earth did I go to bed at 3:00 in the morning you ask? I was out partying with Aaron all night long.... sort of. Aaron is in a band.

It is not really conducive to be in a band when you are in the middle of raising children because of all the late nights and hanging out in bars every weekend. Aaron gave up his love of performing for a lot of years to focus on being a good dad. Now that our kids are grown up and almost out of the house, it was time to pick up the pieces.

He is loving being up on stage after such a long hiatus and is with a group of awesome people and fun music. With that, however, comes the late nights and hanging out in bars on the weekends again. I could stay home and enjoy my quiet evenings, relaxing and watching chick flicks, but that is not where Aaron is. I find that no matter what I am doing I usually am wishing I am with him, so with him I will be. Part of having a really strong marriage, in my opinion, is being supportive and a part of each others interests.

Aaron started running for me, I watch Sunday football with him: he goes on photo walks, I learned to play the drums: he snuggles and watches movies and I stay up until 3:00 in the morning watching my boyfriend play in the band. 

One of the more fun parts of a good relationship is turning yours and mine into ours: interests are no exception. It shows that you are truly involved with that person and willing to do what they want to do. You might even get lucky and end up loving it too!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a little plug for this amazing band that my boyfriend is in - hey, it's my blog, so I can do what I want ;o) - if you like AC/DC you will love these guys. Check them out, and if you live in the Seattle metropolis come on over and see the show. I'm always looking for people to hang out with (sitting in a bar on a Saturday night all by yourself is not exactly fun. It makes me look just slightly desperate - lol) Click on the logo for info and schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment