Friday, July 15, 2011

Cool Off In A River!

Somewhere in this world people are having a sunny, hot summer. Actually, I think pretty much the whole world is but Seattle. If I close my eyes and think real hard I can see the sun, it's been a while....... Some day we'll get our week of summer, but until then everyone else can enjoy one of my favorite summer activities - playing in the water.


One of my favorite things to do when it's hot out is to throw a picnic in the basket, pack the kids in the car and hit the road. One advantage to living in Seattle is there are a lot of water destinations. You have a river or a lake within miles of your house - usually several.

Hopefully you will not have to go far, but head out to the closest lake or river and cool off. Sometimes just being near water helps to cool you. Sit with the kids, have a picnic lunch, skip some rocks and dip your feet. Instant gratification and a great time spent bonding with your children. Win, win in my book!


No comments:

Post a Comment