Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Family Fair Day

Day two of the count down to Jess leaving took us to the fair.  Aaron and I both have Monday's off and Jeff doesn't have to work until evening so we had a rare gift of having our whole family together for the day: onion burgers, elephant ears, scones and funnel cake ensued.


I think I might have gained about 4 pounds yesterday at the fair, but it was worth every calorie. Heck, I'll have time to run it off after Jess leaves.... right?

I am feeling like we need to spend a lot of time this week getting things done to get Jess ready to leave, but on the other side I want to spend every second I can doing fun things with her too. She is, after all, one of my favorite people in the world to do things with: she is after all my little mini-me, my clone. Fun we did have yesterday and I am so glad we were able to have the whole family together for one last hurrah.

The fact that Jess is leaving did creep into my thoughts a few times, but only fleeting and not bothersome. I am still very excited for her to go off and find herself a bit and have college experiences: anxiety has not really set in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment