Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

I love pumpkin! Pumpkin bread, muffins, pie, cake, smoothies - you name it, I love it. This time of year is always a special treat because I really break out the pumpkin and go to town.

This muffin recipe is pretty much a staple right now. I think I have made it three times so far, so I thought I would share.





Ingredients

1-15oz can pumpkin
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour (I use fresh ground whole wheat with 3 T. Vital gluten added)
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
cinnamon-sugar

Directions

In a large bowl combine pumpkin, butter, milk, sugar, honey, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Add baking powder, soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and salt: continue mixing until completely blended. Stir in flour and pecans until moistened.

Line muffin tin cups with paper liners. Fill cups about 3/4-full with pumpkin batter and sprinkle each muffin top with cinnamon-sugar.

Bake at 35 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean: will make 12-15 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment