Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Man Cave: My Top 10 Christmas Traditions

Everyone has their own set of Christmas activities without which it just wouldn't seem like Christmas.

Here are a few of mine.





 During the month of December I like to:

10. Act all Scroogey. Those close to me know it's an act, but everyone else thinks I'm jerk. I'm cool with that.

9. Watch Merry Christmas Charlie Brown. You can wrap presents, converse, or eat popcorn while you watch, but when Linus gives his speech everything needs to stop.

8. Watch The Grinch. Cartoon version, Jim Carey version, doesn't matter to me. I just need a little mean and green in my Christmas scene.

7. Play Jingle Bell Rock on my guitar, all December long, until people are sick of it.

6. Read A Christmas Carol. Or at least watch the George C. Scott version.

5. Watch football. It must be done. It must be.

4. Eat a big Christmas breakfast. Pancakes, waffles, hash-browns, and omelets. I don't care about dinner. Christmas breakfast is where all the cool people hang out.

3. Listen to A Charlie Brown Christmas by The Vince Gauraldi Trio. Sheer perfection from the golden era of jazz.

2. Listen to and/ or watch The Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas Extravaganza. BSO owns it! Their hip, jazzy arrangement of the Nutcracker Suite is worth the price of admission alone. Zat You Santa Clause, You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch, and Boogie-Woogie Santa Clause are all top-notch as well.

1. Watch A Christmas Vacation. Christmas just isn't Christmas without Cousin Eddie's RV parked out front.

No comments:

Post a Comment