Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sugar Cookies

In my house Christmas just wouldn't be the same without sugar cookies: they are my favorite cookie ever. When I was a little girl I would go to grandmas house for Christmas and we would be in the kitchen with frosting and sprinkles decorating our little hearts out. She would always prepare a coffee can full of our hard work and give it to me to eat on the journey home. Those are very fond memories for me.

I have tried many sugar cookie recipes over the years and always come back to this one. It is the best - and that's saying something coming from a sugar cookie expert ;o)



Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup flour

Directions

Cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in the baking powder and salt until well mixed and then mix in the flour.

The great thing about this recipe is you do not chill the dough, so you don't have to wait an hour to make your cookies. Just roll out right away, cut into desired shapes and bake for 8-10 minutes. I HATE over cooked cookies! Take these out just as the dough gets cooked, do not wait for them to brown or they will be crispy and crispy cookies just won't do.

There is a reason I only make these at Halloween and Christmas. If they are in the house, I will eat them! These are one of the few things I have absolutely NO self control over. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment