Monday, May 28, 2012

Clothespin Pinwheel

I love pinwheels! I was always the kid that was picking out the pinwheels in the dollar section, when told I could pick whatever I wanted. I would run around the yard with it, watching it spin in the wind I would create, flashing it's colors with each rotation. Even as we speak, I have a large flower pinwheel stuck in the basket of my petunias out on my deck. On a breezy day I like to look out and watch it twirl. That's why I geeked out when I saw these patriotic pinwheels on Martha Stewart the other day. As usual they fit all the criteria for a good craft: Easy, cheap, quick and... easy ;o)


So pretty they'll make you dizzy, these patriotic whirligigs spin in the wind. They're tacked to clothespins so you can clip them to anything -- like a bicycle basket. Cut two 5-inch squares in different colors from patterned paper. Glue back-to-back; let dry. Draw diagonal lines from corner to corner. Make a 3-inch cut along each line. Fold every other point toward center; glue. Affix to clothespin with map tack.


picture and idea from Martha Stewart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment