Sunday, May 26, 2013

Making Your Cookies Last

You have a hankering for a cookie, go in to make a batch and end up with 3-4 dozen. One of two things happens: you either waste some because you have too many, or more often than not eat WAY too many because they are there to tempt you at every turn. I started doing this with my cookie dough a few years back and thought, why the heck didn't I think of this 20 years ago!


I make as many cookies as I want to eat, then put all the remaining dough out on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the dough is frozen you can put all of your cookie dough cookies into a Ziploc freezer bag for later use. This has been especially great for me since  Aaron and I are the only ones living at home now. I love cookies, but seriously - 3 dozen?! I would weigh 300 pounds. This way I have fresh baked cookies whenever I want them, and only have to make a couple.

When I bake the frozen cookies, I don't preheat my oven. I turn it on and put the cookies directly in: they can thaw out while the oven is  heating and then cook from there. It usually has about the same baking time, but you will have to watch them close to figure out your individual oven.

This is also great when you need a treat in a hurry when going over to friends house or something. Already made, you just have to bake and have instant fresh cookies!

Win, win.

No comments:

Post a Comment