Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Banana Pops

I love ice cream. It’s one of my favorite foods, and if I could eat it every day without my backside spreading to create its own solar system I would. Unfortunately ice cream is reserved for those treat days that we set aside for ourselves every couple of weeks. BUT, I do make a treat in the summer time that is the next best thing to a big bowl of creamy deliciousness. It’s frozen, yummy, and feels like you are cheating by eating an ice cream bar. The best part? It’s good for you. 






Ingredients:

4 Bananas
I Cup Vanilla Yogurt (I use Dannon Light and Fit)
¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips – Chopped
¼ Cup Pecans – Chopped
8 Popsicle Sticks


Directions:
Peel bananas and cut in half. Skewer each banana half with a Popsicle stick and dip in the vanilla yogurt until each half is completely covered in yogurt. Place on a plate, covered with waxed paper, and place in the freezer. Freeze for at least two hours.
Mix the dark chocolate chips and pecans together. One at a time: re-dip a banana half in the vanilla yogurt and then sprinkle entire thing with chocolate/pecan mix. Repeat with each banana half, and then place back in the freezer. Freeze for at least two more hours before eating.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment