Monday, November 24, 2014

Strawberry Cake

This weekend we celebrated our baby's 22nd birthday. Ya, I know, that's really showing my age! Every year she wants me to make her my strawberry cake, and it's always a big hit with everyone who is over enjoying her birthday with us. The funny thing about his recipe is, I got it way back in High School in a cooking class I was taking (we won't discuss how long ago that was), and it's still a family favorite today.



Ingredients:

1 White Cake Mix
1 - 10 oz Package Strawberry Jell-O
3 TB. Flour 
3/4 Cup Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Frozen Strawberries - Thawed
4 Eggs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Blend cake mix, Jell-O and flour in mixing bowl. Beat in water, oil, eggs and strawberries until strawberries are "chopped" and mixed in super well - I like to beat it for a good 2-3 minutes to get a lot of air into the mix; that makes a light fluffy cake.

Pour batter into greased and floured cake pans and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on how big your cake pans are. As soon as a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean it's done.

Let the cake cook in the pans for about 10 minutes and then dump them out of their pans onto a cooling rack. Keep on the rack until completely cooled.

Frost and decorate as desired.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment