Thursday, September 15, 2011

Our Last Play Day

Yesterday was my last day to play with Jess before getting down to the nitty gritty. We went out and picked up my mom and spent the day at our local wildlife park - Northwest Trek. 


We had an amazing time. It was nice to just set aside all of our responsibilities for a day and have fun together: we did a lot of laughing and a lot of cooing over all the baby animals.

I think at this point Jess is feeling the anxiety more than I am: I'm still doing really well. There were many times yesterday where she would say, "I can't believe I only have one more day at home", and get that far away look in her eye. Yup, she's starting to feel it big time.

Today we are spending all day packing and loading the Pathfinder up to head out in the morning. It might be more difficult today, because instead of having fun we will be finalize things.

I admittedly have  had to fight back one or two this morning, but I am still standing pretty strong. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment