Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Kickin' It Old School - Paper Chains

I'm not a fancy girl. You won't see my dining room table set with china and a table cloth, I am more comfortable in a pair of jeans than slacks, and I love a simple (almost vintage) decorating style. There's something about a good ol' fashioned paper chain and popcorn streamer that just fits my tastes. This year I actually spent some time putting together those lovely strips of red, white and green.


I had a slow day one day and sat in front of my computer watching Netflix with colored paper and a stapler. It actually felt so nice to just zone out, relax and do something mundane, like stapling together little loops of paper to make a chain.

I have to say that it looks just perfect on my fireplace bricks. I had such a long chain that I broke off a piece and put it in the window of my office: I spend so much time in that office that I like to have holiday cheer in there as well.

Love my paper chains!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment