Friday, December 12, 2014

Twisted Christmas Music

I love Christmas music. It will not be heard one single day in my house until after Thanksgiving, but the second Jess and I are in the car heading out for Black Friday Shopping it's Christmas on! I love to listen to Bing sing about his White Christmas and John Denver sooth me about roasting chestnuts on an open fire, but I am a rocker through and through (I was a complete aqua net, parachute pants girl in the 80's), and sometimes you just have to get your rock on - even during Christmas. Here are some awesome albums to add to your collection for those times you just need something a little bit...... more.







This is one of my new albums this year. I was reading a fellow bloggers site the other day - Lisa Love over at Maple Grove Cemetery - and she turned me onto this little gem. You gotta love Dean Schneider! His voice is the opposite of soothing as he yells out his lyrics, but come on who can resist Twisted Sister banging out a your favorite Christmas carols? Thanks Lisa for showing us all the wonders Christmas has to offer.





Merry Flippin' Christmas.... that pretty much sums it up. How can you not rock out to Father Christmas and Mommy Kissing Santa Claus to heavy drums and guitar solos? Being married to a guitar slinger, it's pretty much a requirement, isn't it?




X Christmas is a compilation of several artists - mostly of more recent artists like Anberlin, Project 86 and Switchfoot, but there are some great songs on here. My favorite is the first song out of the gate "Jingle Bell Rock" by Thousand Food Krutch: heavy.




Aaron got this album for me several years ago, so I've had this one probably the longest out of my Rockin' Christmas Collection. Another compilation of artists making Christmas fun: Bon Jovi singing "I Wish Every Day Could Be Christmas", Bob Seger and The Last Heard with "Sock it to Me Santa" and The Waitresses with "Christmas Wrapping" are just a few of the great songs on the list.




I saved the best for last. Ok, this isn't rock per say - More like Rock-A-Billy - but Brian Setzer Orchestra's "Boogie Woogie Christmas" is an awesome album, and one of my favorites. I am here to tell you that if the Brian Setzer Christmas concert ever comes to your town, it is SO worth the money to go. The Aaron Meister and I have seen them, and it's a great concert! Setzer and his orchestra do an awesome rendition of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suites along with a lot of Swing versions of all the best Christmas songs. Throw on Setzer's other Christmas album, "Dig That Crazy Christmas" and you are good to go.


Have a very Merry Christmas, and enjoy some great tunes to put you in the Christmas mood - Rock on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment