Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Winter Sled

I have an ice sled that belonged to my dad for I don't know how long. It could have been his as a kid, or it could have been something he acquired a little later than that. All I know is there are pictures of me barley walking with my dad outside in the snow pulling me around the yard on it. Living in Seattle, we don't have many opportunities to use it, but it is one of the few belongings of his that I just can't seem to let go of. I can definitely say this is one of the times where Pinterest really has payed off for me, because now every year I get to pull that little treasure out and make it a focal point of my Christmas decorations.


I had seen several ideas floating around Pinterest a few years back of people using old ice sleds and decorating them with holy, ice skates and greenery. Here are a couple that I Pinned:




Then my wheels started turning. I had a white tree skirt that my mom crocheted for me years ago, and I love it, but now that I have such a small tree it just doesn't work. I decided to put this down on the base for my snow. I also had this cute "tower of snowmen" that my mom bought me a long time ago - I love snowmen, and she is always buying me the cutest ones. This, along with some greenery, a red bow and white lights............. now I have an awesome winter scene in my dining room that is one of my most favorite decorations.


It brings me joy to be able to have my dad's sled out and be able to enjoy it, it gives me a little wintery spot in my home (because in Seattle snow is a rare visitor), and my snowman make me smile. I think these guys will live in this corner for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment