Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shamrock Sugar Cookies

If you have been following this blog for any length of time at all, you know that I am a sugar cookie hound: they are my favorite. If there are sugar cookies in the house I WILL eat them, so I only make them for special occasions..... St. Patrick's Day is a special occasion isn't it?


The thing about sugar cookies is, they are super easy to make (especially with my recipe because you don't have to chill the dough ;o) and they look super festive on any holiday table. If you peruse through the kitchen gadgets store there are cookie cutters for all occasions, and as of late I have seen novelty cutters showing up. My favorites will be making their debut this Halloween - voodoo gingerbread men and zombies!

I have two large Tupperware containers full of nothing but cookie cutters and am adding to this all of the time. My cute little Shamrock cutter is the newest addition, with it's inaugural use this year. Every time I head out to the cooking or party stores, the two things that draw me in the most are the cupcake papers and cookie cutters. I think this is because they are the two easiest ways to make festive holiday foods. You would probably be amazed at how many of each of these I have, and I am ready to go for just about any holiday or season for both.

Make the troops happy on St. Patties with an easy and fun treat - Shamrock Sugar Cookies!


1 comment: